Hatfield Pest Control is interviewing for the position of Assistant Operations Manager for our LaPorte,
Hatfield Pest Control has been in business since 1944 providing an essential service to society that protects our homes, our health, and our environment. Over the years, Hatfield has expanded by consolidating smaller pest control agencies into one. Hatfield has a full-time service staff that educate, sell, and service residential and commercial clients and their properties. Hatfield seeks to service every customer with the best service possible and to accomplish this, technicians develop proficiencies in certain types of jobs and locations to better serve our customers in a timely effective manner. The company also has retail items for purchase on site.
Honesty and integrity are the core of our values. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, quick learner with a friendly disposition who sets the tone for their team, while managing customer expectations. This position will involve wearing many hats. Great public relations skills are a must!
- Oversee all employee scheduling for sales and service and ensure professionalism and efficiency
- Keeping up to date on new industry trends and solutions for residential and commercial pest control applications
- Field complaints and resolve operating issues
- Develop and maintain good rapport with customers
- Work with the owner to position the company to remain competitive in the market
- Setting a great tone for both staff and the customer experience
- Accounts receivable/collections
- Answering phones/front desk/reception
- Scheduling route work for technicians
- Managing and staying up to date on compliance issues in a multistate territory
- Writing bids for potential jobs
- Preparing general office reports such as month end statements and basic mail correspondence
- Represent company professionally and appropriately within the community
Job requirements Qualifications
- High School Diploma or greater
- Must pass background check & drug screening
- Basic computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, typing, etc.
- No prior knowledge of the pest management industry is necessary but must be willing to learn
- Great communication skills with clients, coworkers, and managers
- Comfortable spending a significant amount of time absorbing insect literature both in initial training and as a form of continuing education
- Strong leadership skills and work ethic is a must!
- Must have stable background/work history to be considered for this position
- Salary Paid Weekly by Direct Deposit
- Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (Simple IRA)
- Paid Training and Development
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
We stay up to date and provide all PPE and sanitation necessary to protect our staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma